The Maritime Safety Committee of International Maritime Organisation (IMO) held its 89th Session in Londonfrom 11 to 20 May 2011.
The session of MSC was attended by over five hundred delegates representing 101 Member States. The twoassociate IMO Member States, four UN agencies, seven international organisations and 38 non–governmentalorganisation with the consultative status also attended the session.
The following resolutions were adopted by the 89th session of the MSC:
1. Amendments to the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea – SOLAS, MSC.317(89)
2. Amendments to the International Maritime Solid Bulk Cargoes – IMSBC Code, MSC.318(89)
3. Amendments to Part B of the International Code on Intact Stability – IS Code, MSC.319(89)
4. Amendments to the International Life-Saving Appliances Code – LSA Code, MSC.320(89)
5. Amendments to the Recommendations on testing of life-saving appliances, MSC.321(89)
6. International LRIT data exchange, MSC.322(89)
7. Amendments to the Recommendations on testing of life-saving appliances, MSC.323(89)
8. Implementation of best management practice guidance, MSC.324(89)